Specialist Ventilation for the High-Care & High-Dependency Medical Industry
Creating a Negative Pressure Room
The Exeon CleanCair™ has been designed to improve ventilation in critical care environments. This ventilation system has been developed from proven techniques and equipment and offers a readily-available solution for negative pressure and increased air changes in medical environments.
Key Benefits of the Exeon CleanCair™ system
- Safe-Change HEPA housing – for total infection-free filter maintenance. (In some areas Asbestos Extract type filter units have been used, these have proven dangerous to maintenance personnel as they do not have safe-change filters)
- HEPA filter to remove infection from the HDUs (High Dependency Units), with efficiency H14, >99.999% at 0.3 µm
- High airflows for maximum air changes – up to 5,000m3/hr per unit, and the units are modular
- Acoustically treated unit for minimum noise levels
Reasons to use a CleanCair™ unit in an Isolation Room / HDU / Other Critical Isolation Zones:
Negative Pressure Rooms
Negative Pressure rooms are widely used in environments where airborne contaminants need to be prevented from leaving. In medical establishments their use can include:
- Airborne Infection Isolation Rooms (AIIRs)
- AIIR anterooms and toilets
- Triage areas
- Temporary Mortuaries
- Emergency Room waiting areas
- ER decontamination areas
AIR CHANGES / HOUR
Fan flow volume is calculated by taking the room volume and multiplying by the required number of air changes per unit time. For a small room to be well ventilated it requires 6 – 10 air changes per hour.
A room 6m x 4m x 2.5m is 60m3.
For 10 air changes per hour = 60 x 10 = 600 m3/hr fan flow rate.
A standard CleanCair™ unit will handle up to 3000 m3/hr or 5 rooms this size.
About the CleanCair™ System
The system allows for rapid installation of a self-contained fan/filter unit with a Safe-Change HEPA filter unit to ensure that the filter can be changed with the minimum of risk to maintenance personnel.
The system is very simple and cost-effective, ventilation can be provided to a number of rooms very quickly and can be easily moved to another area. The unit can be retrofitted to existing AHU ducting to provide HEPA filtered return air.
There are two standard units but systems can be bespoke to suit any situation.
The unit is also available in a vertical format and can be made suitable for exterior mounting